What Is A Courtesy Clerk? Qualification Required
Do you know what is a courtesy clerk? Where do they work? Are they the ones who work on computers? Even I use to have the same set of questions running into my mind! While scrolling my Indeed dashboard, I came across to this category in the customer service section. So, I decided to do in-depth research on courtesy clerks. Today, my team will explain to you what is a courtesy clerk at Safeway. We have included the exact qualifications, skills, responsibilities, and salary as a courtesy clerk. Those who want to know more about what is a courtesy clerk and their job profile can keep on reading further.
What Is A Courtesy Clerk?
A courtesy clerk is an individual who works as a customer service at a retail grocery store. He or she is the person who directs shoppers in the right direction when they can’t find their favourite items.
However, the qualifications and responsibilities for this job vary depending upon the grocery stores. You can keep on reading further to know more about what is a courtesy clerk at a grocery store.
Courtesy Clerk Qualifications
There is no formal education required to be a courtesy clerk. But still, I have found out some basic educational qualifications you might need for an entry-level position.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old.
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver’s license for deliveries.
- Pass in the criminal background check and drug test.
- Apply and complete on-job training programs provided by the stores.
Note: In fact, those who have one year of retail experience can also apply for this position.
Courtesy Clerk Skills
Just like any other customer service job, even courtesy clerk jobs require certain skills and qualifications. Below, I have mentioned all the essential skills of courtesy clerks.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Great listening and problem-solving qualities.
- Knowledge of store layout and product location.
- Have good customer service skills.
- Ability to stand for extended long periods of time.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Have enough knowledge of company policies for interacting with customers.
- Ability to use different types of equipment.
Willingness to conduct occasional staff meetings.
Courtesy Clerk Duties
After understanding what is a courtesy clerk at a superstore, you must be eager to know their day-to-day tasks. Here, I have written down the courtesy clerk job description in detail.
- Keeping restrooms, grocery carts, parking lots clean and tidy.
- Regularly sweeping and mopping store floors.
- Helping customers and cashiers to verify prices of goods.
- Greeting customers in a not too friendly but professional manner when they enter and leave the store.
- Placing and arranging all the unwanted items back to the shelves.
- Unpacking new shipment boxes.
- Put price tags and stickers on the products.
- Answer phone calls of customers.
- Keeping an eye on stand supplies such as shopping bags.
- Emptying and cleaning trash cans.
- Collecting shopping carts from surrounding areas and placing them back to their original positions.
- Provide customers a carry-out service whenever required.
- Assist and train newly hired courtesy clerks.
- Keeping register counters and store databases well-updated.
Courtesy Clerk Salary
The average salary of courtesy clerk sprouts ranges from $7.25 to $19.35 per hour. Also, their annual salaries are $23,000 per year. However, candidates with prior sales experience are offered slightly more salary as compared to the new ones.
What Skills Do You Need To Be A Courtesy Clerk?
Courtesy Clerk Requirements:
- 16 years of age or older.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outgoing, friendly and helpful manner.
- Good hand-eye coordination skills.
- Well-groomed, pleasant appearance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read and write.
Is A Courtesy Clerk The Same As A Cashier?
As a courtesy clerk, you mostly help the customer with their groceries and help around the store. As a cashier, you mostly scan the groceries and staying at the cashiers. A Clerk takes on many more duties than just a cashier. As a example of bus tables, and also stocking while trying to attend to costumers.
Is A Courtesy Clerk A Bagger?
A Courtesy Clerk works in a grocery store, and is more commonly known as a Bagger. The Courtesy Clerk is the person who asks shoppers if they want paper or plastic, who packs up their purchases, and who helps them out to their car. The main responsibility of your job as Courtesy Clerk is customer service.
Is A Courtesy Clerk A Hard Job?
Most courtesy clerks are entry-level positions, though in some cases, it may require prior experience since this job is a bit demanding. If you are someone who likes to work in a fast-paced environment and love dealing with people, this might be a good option!
Get answers to your queries on Querclubs
In my above article, we have got to know what is a courtesy clerk at sprouts in detail. Courtesy clerks are commonly known as grocery store clerks or baggers. They are the ones who work as a customer service and make sure the customer is happy. Their main responsibility is to direct shoppers and help them shop the right items. Keeping the store and surrounding areas clean and tidy are their other main tasks. Most people hired for this job are high school students. So, you can use this post on what is a courtesy clerk as a stepping stone to a higher position.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit SquareRoott
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit StarCasto
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit StatusKDuniya
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit TallestClub
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit TechnicalWidget